VM Ware Data Center
Posted on 2012-10-04
A LEED Platinum Rated Data Center
VM WARE DATA CENTER - PROJECT AT A GLANCE
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Owner: Sabey Corporation
Size: 81,000 SF
LEED Rating: LEED Commercial Interior - Platinum
This remote data center was constructed within a new shell building. Pod 1 is generally a tier 1 data center, which is comprised of lab facilities, office, storage and support spaces totaling approximately 50,000 square feet. Pod 2 is a tier 2 data center which includes mission critical areas totaling approximately 31,000 square feet. tk1sc was hired to perform commissioning services to meet the requirements for fundamental and enhanced commissioning under the LEED rating system.
Key Sustainable Features
• The air handling units are equipped with variable speed drives, 100% outside air economizers and evaporative cooled sections to maximize the efficiency of the mechanical system.
• The evaporative coolers are supplied with water from a grey water recovery system to minimize the use of potable water.
• Rejected heat from the Pods provides heating for the office and support areas during the winter months.
Commissioned HVAC Systems
• Rooftop Air Conditioning Units
• Air Handling Units
• Supply, Exhaust and Return Fans
• Evaporative Coolers
• Unit Heaters
• Rooftop Relief Fans
• Variable Frequency Drives
• Variable Volume (VAV) Terminal Units
Commissioned Electrical Systems
• Switchgear, Switchboards and Feeders
• Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS)
• Lighting Controls
Additional Commissioned Systems
Building Automation System
Fire Sprinkler System
Fuel Oil System
Grey Water System
Plumbing - Domestic Hot Water System